Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies and handle an existing book of business.
· Service existing book of clients
· Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
· Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
· Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
· Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
· Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
· Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise),Requires competition or awareness of competitive pressures,Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization,Requires being exact or highly accurate, Demonstrate courteous and professional demeanor to all potential customers, customers, and employees at Bowers Insurance.
· Making Decisions and Solving Problems
· Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
· Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
· Follow contract, property, or insurance laws
· Use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
· Maintain records, reports, or files
Education: High School/G.E.D
License, Certificate or Registration: Property & Casualty License
Additional Information: Experience in sales and insurance setting preferred.